REASONS TO ADOPT BIOMETRIC TECHNOLOGY
Biometrics provides identification that cannot be questioned, thanks to its end-to-end holistic approach to security. It delivers an infallible system to grant or deny access to premises and assets.
- Security needs have evolved – Physical barriers and security personnel are no longer enough to meet modern security standards. Today’s access control systems are built around networks that provide identity recognition, coordination, and intelligent response specific for each person.
- Assurance of true identity - External tokens, including cards and mobile phones, represent the token itself. PINs and passwords check for a piece of known information. Neither of these technologies identifies the bearer. Only biometrics can perform this task.
- Non-transferrable – Biometric identification requires its input is present upon authorization. You can’t transfer or share a physical biometric digitally. The only way to use biometric terminals is through the user's physical presence.
- Hack-proof – Biometrics such as fingerprints and iris scanning are near-impossible to replicate with current technology. This renders systems secured by biometrics highly secure and immune to hacking attacks.
- Improved user experience – While passwords are quickly forgotten and access cards easily lost, your biometric identity is always at hand. High-speed biometric scanners process identity in less than a second, in comparison to the time it takes to input a password.
WHY TOUCHLESS BIOMETRICS?
In the past, contactless technologies meant a compromise in security. But this trend has been inverted in the last decade. Today, touchless biometrics is the gold standard to securely authenticate access.
TBS was the first biometrics manufacturer to combine the accuracy of fingerprint scans with the convenience of a touchless solution. The result is a touchless fingerscan sensor capable of reading a fingerprint image in astounding detail from nail to nail, that can even check if the presented finger belongs to a living person.