Job Offer : Technical Support Engineer (ME)/ Oct 09, 2019
Touchless Biometric Systems AG (TBS) is a Swiss manufacturer of access control and time and attendance biometric solutions, and is the market leader of 3D contactless biometric device.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our partners/customers in the Middle East region.
What You Will Do as Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work full-time and be based in UAE to support the Middle East Region. You will report to Manager in Middle East region doing technical coordination with partners to resolve distinguish site issues, diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues (including SW & HW configuration), ensure all issues are properly logged, perform stability tests of new hardware, software and FW, as well as organise regular technical trainings/knowledge transfer within Manager guidelines to partners and consultants.
You will also provide pre-sales support (thorough understanding of the potential partners’/customer’s needs in every step of the sales process), be involved in the preparation of the technical proposals for partners/customers, evaluate tenders and provide recommendations and solutions for partners, give technical support to the consultants, specifiers, and technology partners, assist new partners/installers in getting started with TBS solutions, assist partners in solution design, POC’s, installation, integration, etc, document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals in coordination with the manager.
Additionally, you will manage local stocks, organise regular technical knowledge transfer to sales team, prepare accurate and timely repair/support reports for Manager, and be an ambassador of TBS hospitality and extra mile support.
What You Need to Have as Technical Support Engineer
Bachelors of Science in Electronics, Computer Science or Communication Engineering
Minimum 4 - 5 years previous experience in biometric and physical security industry
- Excellent understanding of T&A and AC systems and other tech products
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure related to security and Access Control
- Understanding of the concept of system integration between Access Control , CCTV, Fire Alarm Systems, Video Intercom, etc
- Hands-on experience with IIS, MSSQL Server, Oracle, Linux, .Net, Windows Servers, etc
- Customer oriented, showing care and good spirit at all times
- Ability to work in groups (teams) and to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Ability to work under pressure in an ever-changing environment
- Good Research Abilities and self-learner
- Self-Motivated, Strong observation, Analytical and Decision-making skills
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication (Arabic, English, French optional)
- U.A.E/ International Driving License
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Touchless Biometric Systems (TBS) is a Swiss-based biometric specialist, providing biometric expertise, fingerprint readers and iris recognition products and solutions in Access Control and Time & Attendance. Performance, reliability and quality engineering are a part of our DNA and are at the heart of everything we do. Having one of the widest portfolios of devices available on the global market, TBS is proud to be the preferred partner of many enterprises and governments around the world.